Anti-Trump February 2017
Had a random evening with nothing going on and no responsibilities to be anywhere. Heard there was an anti-trump protest going on in Westminster (protesting over him being invited to come to the UK). Thought I'd get myself down there and see what the mood was like since I hadn't been on the streets in months.
On first arriving I was handed one of the customary banners from one of the Socialist parties, not even sure which one now. Decided to take it so I'd didn't look like a total lost child (I'm not very good at getting stuck in when I turn up to protests alone).
The atmosphere in the square was a bit dull. There was just a big line up of liberal speakers on a big stage and hundreds (possibly thousands) of people watching. I decided to have a look around to see if there was anything more interesting going on.
Left wondering what to make of it all. In general I decided that it was good to have turned up and nice to see so many people anti-Trump but slightly disappointed at how liberal and calm the atmosphere was.




No comments:
Post a Comment